I have been pondering the possibility of experiencing the thoughts of past few weeks from the perspective of a young man in Iraq. This kid (29 years old) just lost his only remaining family member in a mistaken identity by the American occupying forces. He had already lost his parents and brother in the begining of the war as the bombs fell on their village. He had lost most all the rest of his relatives in the previous war with Iran. He is now for all practical purposes an orphan in more ways than one. I am not so sure I can even fathom his pain, let alone ponder how to fit my quantum way of life into his. I cannot because I have not been where he is. If he were to come to me for advise on what to do with his pain and sorrow now, or how to go on living in a country occupied by foreingn forces who could care less about his situation or his pains I would have very little to say.
I lowered my head today to pray for this young man and to remind my self again just how greatful I need to be for my life. I told him I will have an answer once I am a better man if he can wait that long! For now, all I can do is cry in pain inside for our lost common humanity. But Grace if it finds you wothy my child, will lead you out of darkness into light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LEGACY OF A JOURNEY

IMAGINE Oneness

Self نفس