HOPE NOT IF YOU ACT NOT YOUR FAIR SHARE

The following is a poem by HAFIZ the oracle of Shiraz. It is an answer to my lamentations about when I should be "home" again. His works are known world wide and translated into many languages. Some 1000 years ago this master memorized the whole of Quran(hence his name Hafiz) and served his people well by being a beacon of wisdom and inspiration. Here is a link if you wish to read more of his works and perhpas ask a question of the ORACLE OF SHIRAZ: http://www.hafizonlove.com/fal.htm


"O thou, who considers separation of lovers fair
Keep lovers away from your side with your glare
I am thirsty in my desert, lead me to clear waters
With the hope of God's mercy, this path of yours you forbear.
You stole my heart, dissolved my soul, but
Better than you have treated me, of the others take care.
When my foes drink their wine from my cup
I cannot accept it, if fair you declare.
Listen fly; Phoenix's flight-path is not your air
You ruin your own name, and us you tire and wear.
Through your own deeds, you are now poor & bare
From complaints & your cries, I beg you, us spare.
Even kings,through their service fill their chair
Hope for nothing, if you will not do your share.

© Shahriar Shahriari, Los Angeles, CA, February 1, 2000(translator)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LEGACY OF A JOURNEY

IMAGINE Oneness

Self نفس