Expectations are among the worst of our habitual ways which create stress and anxiety. Yes it is my right to expect my daughter, mate, boss, or friend to be supportive and there when I need help, But is it useful to my health to carry this expectation with me every moment of every day? Because sooner or later they will fail to meet that expectation and the suffering is mine to bear. And if an argument or fight breaks out over the situation, well now I have caused havoc in my life from exercising that "right". It is much better for us to learn to change our expectations of (PEOPLE, THINGS AND PLACES) to "preferences" which in essence say, I will be happy and pleased if the situation turns out as I prefer it, but I will not be devastated or upset if it does not, I will go on doing what I can to take care of whatever needs taking care of and ACCEPT MORE, EXPECT LESS for my own health. Learning about life is such hard work, aye?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LEGACY OF A JOURNEY

IMAGINE Oneness

Self نفس