WE READ BETWEEN THE LINES

salaam(peace) children;
In the digital waves of emails bring something we cannot help but share it. you dear ones, read the words in between the lines if you would please and, kindly do remember rule number 6.


  , i am sending this quote with a friend's commentary. how are you? lovekt
ÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂ

As you live deeper in the heart,
the mirror gets clearer and cleaner.
ÂÂÂÂÂ
Shams of Tabriz realized God in himself.
When that happens, you have no anxieties
about losing anyone or anything.
ÂÂÂÂÂ

You break the spells that human difficulties cause.
ÂÂÂÂÂ
--Jelaluddin Rumi
ÂÂÂÂÂ
Ghazal (Ode) 2931."The Glance"
Version by Coleman Barks, with Nevit Ergin
Viking-Penguin, 1999

ÂÂÂÂÂ
Comment—ÃÂÂ
‚ Ahhhh, to break the spells that human difficulties cause….
ÂÂÂÂÂ
I am still under the spell. I worry. I cry and experience hurt.ÂÂÂÂÂ
Last night Helen and I sat with a dearest friend who has lung cancer and walks with great difficulty. As we did healing energy work on him, I thought the healing was also for me. We have 38 years in that relationship. And just an hour before we had learned another friend also has lung cancer. These consultations with death tell me that the spell is not broken.

ÂÂÂÂÂ
But I believe Rumi is right. I believe that(breaking the spell) is where all these visitations with suffering take us. I felt the trembling in our friendÂÂÂÂ's knee, the fragility of his life, but there is also in that very same trembling movement a strength and truth ÂÂÂÂ"shaking outÂÂÂÂ" that says this body is not the essence of my friend. The Truth of him is far more alive and present than ever.

ÂÂÂÂÂ
These experiences are so important. They call us to live deeper in our heart, breaking our old hearts at every turn. It is what the Sufis call ÂÂÂÂ"polishing the heartÂÂÂÂ" — letting go of what isnÂÂÂÂ't really essential, letting go of lesser attachments, polishing the glass we see in so darkly, polishing it until in the mirror of the heart we see our true Self, God.




--
AS I THINK SO GOES MY LIFE,
AS I DO SO IT IS DONE UNTO ME
AS I SAY SO I SHALL HEAR!

http://www.shamansmind.blogspot.com








ONLY GOD ALWAYS GOD ALL GOD ALONE GOD ONLY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LEGACY OF A JOURNEY

IMAGINE Oneness

Self نفس