WHERE DO I GET MY DAILY BREAD?


THERE is an old 15-19 year old cat in my creek side neighborhood who comes to my home scratches his paws on the door knowing that I will always have a good meal for him. This cat has survived this hilly country side place which is full of other wild life like coyotes and hawks which have devoured many a wondering cats and small animals through the years. Yet, this old man who is called "granpa" by all who know him in the neighborhood has survived to his ripe old age by knowing where to and when to hide or when to run. This cat has become a teacher of sorts to me, because to him I am also the shaman who has healed his wounds a time or two when the astray dogs got their fangs in him and left him for dead. To him I am the master who will always care for him and the food he receives is good meat from my own plate or mackerel fish from a can(I buy these at the 99cent stores). Where I draw my inspiration from this old cat is the amount of faith he displays in my steadfastness and reliability. He comes KNOWING, Believing that he will receive what he needs and then when he is done he is free to leave or hang around and clean himself. But there is never any expectation attached to this giving on my part. I give freely with joy, admiring his ability to survive this harsh environment and we share this love of our respective freedom. Because there are days when I am on my way out or he has come too late for me to take time for him, so after a few scratches on the door if I don't let him in he walks away just to come back on our regular time the next day. We both cherish one another's short visits and get a tender feeling of a universal connection which gives and receives without expectations or attachments. Many have tried to keep him indoors and make him "their cat" but the old man soon lets them know that if you try to hold me down and "OWN ME" I will not be back here. My relationship with the universal source of GRACE AND COMPASSION has become stronger because of this old cat. I show up daily at the door of the universal CALM AND LIGHT, get my share and leave. If I am not regular in this habit, I do not receive, but am not admonished nor do I fear not being let in the next time I show up. The SUN shines equally on all and the only thing anyone has to do to receive is show up and BELIEVE that the goodness is being given freely and without attached conditions.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Pilly is apart of my family, he sleeps in my bed at night, and eats with us every day, he is 17 years old. we grew up together.

Popular posts from this blog

LEGACY OF A JOURNEY

IMAGINE Oneness

Self نفس